Frequently asked questions

How do I know if my graduation application has been received?

An acknowledgement letter will be sent to you when your application has been received. If you haven't received a letter within 12 days of submitting your application please contact us.

Can I request additional guest seats at my ceremony?

Please contact us to request additional tickets. We will attempt to accommodate your request and if your ceremony is full you can be placed on a waiting list. If successful your tickets will be posted out to you.

What do I do if my guests have special seating requirements?

If you or your guests have special seating requirements or need assistance to walk onto stage please clearly state your needs on your graduation application. If you have any concerns or questions please contact us.

How do I cancel unwanted guest seats at my ceremony?

Please return the extra tickets as soon as possible to your Regional Contact Centre with a cover note giving your name and ID. If you haven't received your tickets yet please contact us and we can change the number of tickets you have requested.

What do I do if I have lost my tickets?

For any lost tickets or seating problems please report to the Help Desk in the foyer of your graduation venue at least an hour before the ceremony or contact us as soon as possible.

Can I change the name that will appear on my scroll?

The name that will appear on your scroll is the legal name currently held on record by Massey. If your name is different or has been changed we will need to see a verified copy of one of the following:

  • Birth certificate
  • Passport
  • Change of name by deed poll
  • Marriage certificate

What do I do if I am receiving more than one qualification?

If you are eligible to receive two qualifications you have to complete two applications, regardless of whether you are graduating 'in person' or having your scroll sent to you. 

If you are receiving two awards at the same ceremony you will be allocated one seat and walk the stage once for your highest qualification. You will graduate in absentia for the other qualification. You will receive both scrolls together. 

I am no longer able to attend my graduation ceremony

If you are no longer able to attend then you will need to advise our office. Please contact You must withdraw five weeks prior to the Ceremony date. If you do not withdraw by this date and you do not attend the Ceremony, you will be graduated in absentia and your Scroll will be sent to you. This means you will be unable to graduate at a later date with this qualification.

Massey Contact Centre Mon - Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm 0800 MASSEY (+64 6 350 5701) TXT 5222 Web chat Staff Alumni News Māori @ Massey